Inside the HDD Caddy you can insert a second hard drive or SSD. By installing the HDD Caddy and your hard drive or SSD, you’ll have a second drive inside your laptop. What kinda hard drives or SSD can you use with HDD Caddy? The following hard drives or SSD are compatible with HDD Caddy:
– SATA type hard drive, thus SATA HDD or SATA SSD. mSATA does not fit!
– Size: 2.5″, 2.5″ is a laptop size drive
– Capacity: max. 1TB (1000GB)
– Exceptions, drives higher than 1TB:
o 1.5TB Hitachi 5K1500, 7K100,
o 2TB Seagate Samsung Spinpoint M9T
o 2TB and 1.6 TB Sandisk Optimus SAS SSD
o 1,12 TB WD Black2 1,12 TB (1000 + 120GB SSD)
o +1TB or 2TB all hybrid SSD/HDD between 1 and 2TB (known as SSHD)
o Seageate 2TB Mobile HDD 2TB ST2000LM007, Mobile HDD 2TB ST2000LM009, Mobile HDD 2TB ST2000LM010
o Seagate Laptop Hard Disk Drive Kit, 2TB
What hard drives or SSD do not fit in the HDD Caddy?
– IDE PATA type hard drives, the connector at the back of the drive consists of many pins
– mSATA drives
– 3.5″, 3.5″ is desktop size drives