Some Acer laptops do not work immediately with a HDD Caddy + HDD installed because older BIOS versions do not support or recognize a HDD through the dvd-motherboard connection.
The fix for this problem is to update the BIOS version to 1.16 or higher (not 1.22).
This problem occures to models such as the Acer Apsire 5740G and 7740
- Acer Aspire 5560G incompatible with HDD Caddy 2nd HDD
- HDD Caddy for IBM Lenovo ThinkPad T60 T61 T60p T61p
- Dell Inspiron 1764 Limited Compatibility for HDD Caddy, maximum size 320GB for second HDD Harddrive
- Acer Laptops & HDD Caddy 4750g, 5532, 5541g, 5740g, 5750g, 5714G, 5745PG, 5738Z, 5742Z
- New HDD Caddy for HP Elitebook 8560w and 8760w! Ideal for second harddisk with SSD!
- New SATA HDD Caddy available for Dell Latitude E6420 E6520 E6320
- Acer – TimeLineX 5820t, 5820, 5830tg, 5830t, 5830 HDD Caddy 2nd harddisk Ssd
- New HDD Caddy Designed For HP Elitebook 8560P Included Free Screwdriver!
- Common USB boot key for laptops
- Sony Laptops & HDD Caddy E-Series Vaio, VPCEB4L1E Hard Drive SSD