Thanks to HDD Caddy it is now easy to add more storage space to your laptop or Macbook Pro! With HDD Caddy you can add a second internal hard disk drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) to your laptop. No need to carry external USB hard drives or USB sticks anymore! It is easy to install. First insert your own HDD or SSD in the HDD Caddy and then replace your optical drive (DVD or BluRay drive) with the HDD Caddy. HDD Caddy is an ideal solution if you need more storage space or if you want to use a fast SSD with an extra HDD. Enjoy the flexibility of having more storage space. It is suitable for laptops like Asus, Acer, Dell, HP, Lenovo, Medion, Toshiba and more.
Read more about what HDD Caddy is or Go to our shop.
Install: Easy as 1 2 3!
Installing the HDD Caddy into your laptop comes down to 3 basic steps.
|Remove the optical drive (or DVD-drive)|
|Attach the bezel from the optical drive onto the HDD Caddy|
|Install the HDD Caddy with 2nd HDD into the laptop (the empty spot of the optical drive)|
Want to see these steps in action? Check the how-to-install video on the right with the Samsung NP355V5C.
Order your HDD Caddy
Customer satisfaction is number one priority at HDDCaddy. This means: fast shipping, quick response on all your questions, safe payment, and easy return service. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us. Available payment methods are: PayPal, MasterCard, Maestro, Portepay, Carteblue, Mister Cash / Bancontact (Belgium), iDeal, GiroPay (Germany) and bank transfer. We ship with PostNL and TNT.
Worldwide shipping available*
Fast response on all your questions
Technical customer support
Flexible return policy (100% refund)
Daily Customer Support
At our company you can expect excellent customer suppport. Our customer support team is providing daily support for all your questions and concerns. HDDCaddy consists of a versatile team with a strong interest in IT hardware and that have years of experience with e-commerce. If you encounter any problems with the installation of HDD Caddy, our customer support team is always available to assist you. Our products are in stock in the Netherlands (Europe) and are partly assembled in the Netherlands. We ship our orders every business day + sunday directly from our warehouse. In this way we can assure the quality of our products and direct worldwide shipping. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org or use our contactform.
Sony Vaio Fit 15
HP ProBook 4540s
Dell Inspiron N5010 15 15R
Compatible converter for each laptop
For each laptop brand and model necessary modifications are applied to the converter board. This optimizes the compatibility and working of a second SATA hard drive or SSD.
A hard drive or SSD can be easily installed by built-in lock screws. This screws secure the hard drive or SSD inside the caddy. A handy screwing tool is included.
Aluminium design makes HDD Caddy light, cooling (for better heat dispensation) and sturdy. The inside of the HDD Caddy has a full-sized frame that makes the HDD Caddy more solid but also absorbs vibrances of a working hard drive. This frame is secured with 12 screws.
Anti-static surface allows you to safely install a hard drive or SSD in the HDD Caddy. It also helps to minimise vibrations of a spinning hard drive.
- Prevent hard drive spinning down (and up) with CrystalDiskInfo! - Due to energy saving settings many hard drives will spin down when they are not in use or are inactive. Every time you’ll access the hard drive it will spin up again. However spin up and spin down of a […]
- How-to: add SSD and HDD Caddy to the Asus N552 - You can easily upgrade the HDD, RAM memory and DVD-drive of the Asus N552. The factory hard drive (or SSD) and RAM memory is hidden behind a removable compartment cover. The compartment cover can be found at the bottom of […]
- How-to add a M.2 SSD to the Asus N552 serie (N552VX & N552VW) - Like some of the new generation notebooks, the Asus N552 series is equipped with a M.2 SSD slot. Known in Europa/Asia as the Asus N552VX and in the US as the N552VW. The M.2 SSD is a much smaller size […]
- Video: how to clone Windows to a new HDD or SSD! - In the video below you can see a how to clone your Windows to a new empty HDD or SSD! You can clone your Windows with several different cloning software (free and paid). In the video below the cloning is […]
- Mac Mini G4 (2005) HDD Caddy - This Mac Mini G4 (2005) HDD Caddy switches your laptop dvd-drive for an extra HDD or SSD. With the extra bay in your notebook you can install a SATA hard drive or SSD for more storage space. Your laptop stays mobile thanks […]
HDD Caddy workings explained
Which HDD Caddy for my laptop?
Install HDD or SSD in HDD Caddy for HP Elitebook 8560w 8570w 8760w 8770w
How to safely remove bezel from optical drive
How to clone factory installed Windows 8 to new SSD
How to install HDD Caddy in Asus N53 N73
HDD Caddy for Lenovo IdeaPad Y500
Recognize difference between SATA and PATA
New Samsung 850 Pro SSD available now!
How big of a SSD should I get?
What is the most expensive SSD for your laptop?
Upgrading Small Factor Form (SFF) PC Lenovo ThinkCentre M55 with SSD Crucial M4 and HDD Caddy
How to order
Use the generic SATA drivers instead the intel SATA drivers.
Asus Laptops & HDD Caddy N43, N53, N55, N56, N61, N71, N76, N81, N82, G53, K53, K73, X53, A55
Install HDD Caddy for Dell E6400 E6500 E6410 E6510 Precision M2400 M4400 M4500
Install HDD Caddy for Macbook Pro 13, 15 or 17 inch with SSD
Install HDD Caddy for Sony Vaio SA SB series
Install HDD Caddy for Dell Latitude E6320 E6420 E6520 E6330 E6430 E6530
Install HDD Caddy for Toshiba Tecra R850
HDD Caddy for Dell Inspiron 15r
How to install HDD Caddy in Asus N550 N550JV & N550JK
How to install HDD Caddy in Asus K50IJ
How to install HDD Caddy in Acer Aspire 4741G
How to install HDD Caddy in the Dell Inspiron 15R or Dell Inspiron N5010
How to install HDD Caddy in Lenovo Y500 / IdeaPad Y500
How to install HDD Caddy in Samsung NP355V5C with SSD